Every so often it’s good to have a Me Weekend. You know, a weekend where you’re not constantly on the move, but letting it just be. I have not had one of these in a LONG time. I’m looking back in my calendar and every single weekend in 2009 thus far has been filled to capacity. I don’t mind, it’s good to be busy, but I like to have a chance to re-group every so often. This upcoming weekend I was initially supposed to go camping with some friends, but decided to work at the restaurant instead to make some much needed money.
My parents are in California for the week (now that I live at home, this is a fun things. It’s like I live on my own…ah remember those times…about 20 days ago?) so I am ready to have a quiet weekend alone to get some things done.
- I got a sewing machine for Christmas and since then have played around with it, but never had a moment to sit down and make something. My friend Mhern and I have joined forces and started our own sewing club (which basically consists of her & I). Our first project is an apron. So this weekend I am going to work and complete that.
- Go through all boxes that I packed when I moved from Hoboken – which were not packed with any sense or order – and get organized. Store away in the proper place, throw away, save for garage sale, and so on.
- Do some yoga! When was the last time? Too long.
- Snuggle with Thorsten and watch a movie.
- Possible meet up with my friend Meg who I haven’t seen in what it feels like a DECADE.
Oh boy, I can’t wait!