Isn’t it crazy that today is the last day of 2008? Its always been a hard idea for me to grasp when the clock strikes 12 and all of sudden a mere minute could be the end of one year and the beginning of a new. I find it’s nice to stop to reflect and take stock of a year’s accomplishments and progress. Some people get down about ends of years and getting older. As long as I have done something new or moved forward in some way, I find no sadness in time moving on.
- I found peace in my home. I upgraded from a room in my apartment which was a walk-thru large hallway to a HUGE livingroom size with lots of windows, fireplace, and facing the street. Also, have seen 2 roommates come and go from the apartment. Now on number 3, found an awesome girl who Meg & I hit it off with.
- I got a new job back in March. Not exactly what I want to be doing, but hey. It’s laid back, has good insurance, a 401(k), and honestly in these troubling times, I’m just happy to have one.
- My brother graduated college and moved back to the North East! Always a cause for a celebration.
- Quit my part-time waitressing job, so am finally able to enjoy Hoboken and NYC vs. spending my weekends en route somewhere, whether it be going to work, being there, coming home, laundry, and so on.
- First bridal party, well without being the flower girl.
- Dracula’s Ball
- Dated someone way younger than me. Ha never thought I would have done that.
- First time seeing a show on Broadway that wasn’t a musical.
- First injury. Ah yes remember the sprained foot and party boot I was sporting for a few weeks there?
- First summer not dedicated to the beach…wah wah wah. NEVER again.
- One close friendship ended. Very weird and sad, but sometimes if your not on the same page and the trust is gone, what is there?
- Ran two 5ks. Got to love living somewhere were everyone runs.
Ok those were just some of the highlights. For 2009, the top three goals are as follows:
- Learn and master my new sewing machine
- TRAVEL. Something that superly lacked in 08′.
- Find some way to bring in some more $$.
Happy New Year !